Mummy fried - woman sets fire to house while trying to reanimate long-dead sister
A night fire in an apartment block has been caused by a woman who tried to reanimate her long-dead elder sister with electricity.… und daß einer der tags "Health" ist … was will man eigentlich mehr?
The horrific story happened in Ekaterinburg, the biggest city in the Urals.
The suspected arsonist, 69, apparently was not completely of sound mind, judging by her mental health record.
A year ago, her 73-year-old sister died from natural causes, prosecutors told Noviy Region news agency. However, instead of reporting the death, the woman preserved the body with gasoline and had been trying the reanimate it ever since.
Her last macabre experiment on Tuesday night involved “jump starting” the mummified corpse with two wires connecting the body’s hand and neck to the mains.
Despite what Frankenstein movies suggest, the electric current did not revive the body, instead setting it on fire.
The surviving sister is now in hospital suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.